Friday, February 10, 2012

The Savior Heals



Matthew 14:17-21 “And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying, Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water. And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I suffer you? Bring him hither to me. And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.”

In these verses, the Savior identified three things needed to heal the man: faith, fasting, and knew that they were his disciples still had doubts about their own abilities. They were human just as we are. Every one of us struggles with self doubt. I love that Christ reminds us that if we “have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.” But how many of us really believe that deep down inside of us? Satan would have us believe that we could never accomplish anything, and I fear that many times he succeeds with his whisperings. We are children of God and we should never forget that. There is a quote that I love and I read often to help remind me of my divine nature.

It is by Marianne Williamson-“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

3 Nephi 18:20 “And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you.” We must ask The Father in the name of Christ for righteous things, with faith, and then we will receive.

D&C 50:29 “And if ye are purified and cleansed from all sin, ye shall cask whatsoever you will in the name of Jesus and it shall be done.” We must repent of our sins, and be cleansed, and then whatever we ask in the name of Christ will be done.

D&C 42:48 “And again, it shall come to pass that he that hath faith in me to be healed, and is not appointed unto death, shall be healed.” If we have faith in Christ to be healed, if it is God’s will that we shall be healed, we will be healed.

I am grateful for my faith in Christ and for the knowledge of the gospel. It is a blessing in my life daily and I don't know where I would be without it. I pray that my faith will continue to grow and that I will be able to share it with others and encourage others on their journey in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment